Code and Config
Setting up the IR with a clean install of OPENELEC
(These instructions were carried out using a Macbook)
- You have a micro SD card with OPENELEC installed. For instructions on how to install OPENELEC on a Raspberry Pi please visit the Openelec wiki
- You have installed your Raspberry Pi 2 Model B or Raspberry PI B+ and have connected the IR leads to the appropriate GPIO pins (see the MEDIAPI+ manual for more information).
- You have downloaded and unzipped the config and mapping files.
- You have an FTP client installed on your machine. For Windows try WINSCP
- Setting up your own install of OPENELEC to work with the MEDIAPI+ remote
- Connect the MEDIAPI+ to a monitor or TV (see manual for details)
- Connect the MEDIAPI+ to your home network (this guide assumes you are connecting via ethernet directly to your router.
- Plug in the power and switch on the MEDIAPI+
When OPENELEC first starts it will go through the start up wizard. Ensure that you enable SSH when prompted to choose remote methods of access.
Editing the config file
- Open a cmd prompt
- Connect via SSH to your MEDIAPI+ by typing:
ssh 192.168.1.92 -l root
Note: Change the ip address to the relevant address for the MEDIAPI+ on your network.
- When prompted enter the password (by default it is openelec).
- Make sure you can edit the config file by typing:
mount -o remount,rw /flash
- Open the file for editing with nano:
- Add the following lines to the end of the file:
- Then close and save the file by typing CTRL+X then press y (to save your changes) when prompted and hit enter.
- Now reset the write permissions by typing:
mount -o remount,ro /flash
Copying the keymapping files
- Start up your ftp client and connect to the MEDIAPI+
- copy lircd.conf to /storage/.config
- copy Lircmap.xml to /storage/.kodi/userdata
- Note: the .config and .kodi folders are hidden. You may need to enable viewing of hidden folders in your FTP client (please refer to the application help for your specific tool).
- Now reboot OPENELEC and your IR and media remote should be working.